University Challenge Programme
We appreciate that all students are individuals, and that Higher Education institutes and courses are also unique. Some are substantially more challenging to gain admission to and we want to ensure that students thinking of applying for such places are fully supported with their application.
Our University Challenge Programme is aimed at those students who wish to study at elite British universities, such as Oxford, Cambridge, other Russell Group institutes, Ivy League Colleges in the USA or those who wish to study highly academic and competitive courses such as Medicine, Veterinary Science and Dentistry.
The Programme will include sessions on higher-level thinking skills, visits to Oxbridge colleges, interview practice, entrance tests, talks from previous Oxbridge students, the importance of wider experiences, and additional support with personal statements.
- To identify and encourage pupils with potential and a genuine interest in academic study at the highest level
- To prepare for the process of applying to highly academic and competitive universities and courses, and to encourage intellectual independence
- To learn and fully understand the expectations of being an outstanding academic candidate – students will most likely need a minimum of 40 IB Points
- To fully appreciate the importance of ‘standing out’ – what will set you apart from all the other exceptionally academic students
- To prepare for any thinking skills assessment tests required for course admission and interviews.