At Cobham Hall, girls take their GCSEs in Year 11 and study the International Baccalaureate in the Sixth Form. A combination of high teaching standards and small class sizes ensure our girls get consistently good results in public examinations and positive value-added scores.
International Baccalaureate Results 2016
- Average Diploma points score 31.3, compared to Worldwide average of 30.0
- Average points per subject is 5.2, compared to Worldwide average of 4.8
- 50% of girls gaining the Diploma achieved Bi-lingual Diplomas, up from 37.5% in 2015, compared to Worldwide averages in 2015 and 2016 of 28.5%
- 16 subjects achieved 100% pass rate at level 4 or above at both higher and standard level.
GCSE Results 2016
Cobham Hall’s 2016 GCSE results are our best ever. Highlights include:
- 98% of grades awarded were A* – C, with 75% A* – B and 50% A* – A
- 100% of girls taking Art, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English Language, English Literature, English as a Second Language, Mathematics, Spanish, Drama, Geography, Latin and ICT received high grades.
- Against a backdrop of dramatic decline in A* – C grades nationally, our proportion of students receiving A* – C grades is up this year from last year.
- As well as GCSEs, many Year 11 students took additional assessments including LAMDA, ABRSM and the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and achieved great success.
From September 2016, GCSE grading changed. Grades will no longer be awarded from A* – G, but from 1 – 9, with 9 being the top grade.
LAMDA Results 2016
At Cobham Hall, all students have the opportunity to take lessons in Voice, Drama and Communication. These are designed to help develop self-confidence, voice projection, self-expression, general communication and theatrical skills. Girls who take these classes can go on to sit London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA) Performance or Communication examinations.
- 20% of the student body took LAMDA examinations
- 96% achieved a pass with Merit, or with Distinction
- 50% achieved a Pass with Distinction
“Pupil achievement is excellent.”
– Independent Schools’ Inspectorate