Our boarders have a busy life! Girls and Housemistresses work together to plan lots of different activities in school, in the local area, in London and other parts of England.
Boarders have input into choosing the places they go and the things they do. Daygirls are also invited on all trips.
There is an escorted trip almost every weekend, which is compulsory for full boarders in Years 7 to 10.
Girls in Pre-IB and Years 11 to 13 can choose which trips they attend. With their parents’ permission, girls in Years 11 can go to local towns and Bluewater Shopping Centre on Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays. Girls in Pre-IB and Years 12 and 13 can go to Bluewater Shopping Centre and local towns any day after school (returning before the beginning of Prep), and can also go to London at the weekend with their parents’ permission. The time at which they have to return to school in the evening is dependent upon their age.
Below is a selection of boarding activities and trips. It is by no means exhaustive.
- Trips to Windsor Castle, Hampton Court, Dover Castle and Hever Castle
- Visits to seaside towns such as Brighton, Hastings and Broadstairs
- Trips to Madame Tussauds, London Dungeons, museums, pantomimes, galleries and exhibitions
- Visits to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park and China Town
- Outings to Thorpe Park and Chessington Adventure Park and Zoo
- Ice skating, ten-pin bowling and cinema trips
- Excursions to towns such as Tunbridge Wells and Canterbury and shopping in Covent Garden, Bluewater and Westfield Stratfield
- West End Theatre trips
- Laser Quest
- High Tea in London
- Movie nights, quiz nights, Wii nights and games nights
- Baking and pizza making
- Country walks, sports and teambuilding activities
- Make-up workshop and fashion shows
- Restaurant trips
- Zumba classes