A combination of high teaching standards and small class sizes ensure our girls get consistently good results in public examinations and positive value-added scores.
International Baccalaureate Results 2019
In our final year of IB results, we are delighted to announce a 100% International Baccalaureate Diploma pass rate, with highlights including:
- An average Diploma score of 33.7
- The percentage of grades 5 to 7 was 85.6%
- Scores of 5-7 were achieved in a variety of subject fields: Higher Level English, Higher Level History, Higher Level Biology, Higher Level Film and Higher Level Music
GCSE Results 2019
- 96% of girls achieved at least 5 passes at Grades 4-9
- Average Points Score over best eight subjects is 6.2
- 100% of girls achieved a high pass in English Literature, with more than half of our students gaining a grade 6 or above
- 100% of Art students gained the top grades of 7-9
- 100% of Spanish students achieved a Grade 5 and above, with 75% achieving a 7 or higher.
From September 2016, GCSE grading changed. Grades are no longer awarded from A* – G, but from 1 – 9, with 9 being the top grade. The new GCSEs are a tougher standard, including more challenging content and questions. There have been significant changes to grading and assessment is now examination-based rather than coursework. For more information, please see this factsheet, produced by the Department for Education.
At Cobham Hall, all students have the opportunity to take lessons in Voice, Drama and Communication. These are designed to help develop self-confidence, voice projection, self-expression, general communication and theatrical skills. Girls who take these classes can go on to sit London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA) Performance or Communication examinations.
This year, we again had a 100% pass rate for LAMDA examinations, with 97% of girls passing with either a Distinction or a Merit.
“Pupil achievement is excellent.”
– Independent Schools’ Inspectorate